Black Shell is a specialist software development company for financial enterprises.
Information you submit or we collect about you
We collect your personal data as name, address, company details, telephone, email address and information you supply on your CV, in order to fulfill our legal and business obligations. It also includes information you provide when you register to use the site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services and when you report a problem with our site.
Our major objective is to provide you with an effective resume builder and to facilitate the recruitment process so that your personal data is kept with responsibility and prudence.
Your information will be held by us and disclosed by us in the following way:
- To facilitate the recruitment process by matching your personal details to job opportunities;
- To forward to our clients only impersonal data about you, such as experience level, technologies you have worked with, and sectors you have worked in. In no way, we will forward information that can identify you without your explicit consent, that we will ask separately by personally contacting you by email or by phone.
- To keep you informed of job opportunities which we think may be of your interest;
- To preserve our business relationship with you as a user of our website;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To keep you informed of the products and services relevant to your sector and your professional interests offered by us or our group companies via relevant marketing communications.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. As a result, your information will be accessible to and processed by our recruitment consultants, responsible management, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, legal and other corporate staff, only if they have a legitimate business need to do so;
- To third parties in the event that our business fuses with or is bought by another business or company, in which case we may disclose your personal data to that organisation.
- When you visit our web site the IP address of your Internet Service Provider and the date, time and duration of your visit;
Information we collect when you visit our website
We will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, as the IP address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full URL (Uniform Resource Locators), clickstream to, through and from our site, date and time, products/services viewed or searched, page response times, download/upload errors, duration of visit, page interaction information.
Intention of the processing and it's legal basis
Our main objective is the introduction of a candidate that attends to the requirements the client is seeking for, for the purpose of a temporary or permanent engagement. However we look for more than this, and we care about both parts supporting their career and businesses resourcing needs and strategies.
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on you to fulfil our legal obligations.
We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your explicit consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client.
Our Legitimate Business Interests in Collecting And Retaining Your Personal Data:
We introduce candidates to clients for permanent or temporary work placements. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is an essential part of this process, but you will be asked for your explicit consent before to make this happen. We require a database of candidate and client personal data in order to support our candidate's career. We also need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request it orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and it will be recorded on our system. You have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time where consent is the lawful basis for our processing.
Other uses we will make of your data:
- Our website use
- Notifying about changes to our services
- Ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
This information will be used:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data according to parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can deactivate this function at any time and set your browser to notify you whenever a cookie is sent. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our web site.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside EEA
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Blackshell.eu or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The lawful basis for the third-party processing will include:
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- for the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- to comply their legal obligations.
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests. We hold your data with a view to providing future recruitment services to you and to manage the business relationship. In the event that the business relationship ceases we confirm that we will delete personal data in accordance with our internal data retention policies and our legal obligations.
We separate our data so that we keep different types of data for different time periods. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data embraces:
- the nature of the personal data;
- its perceived accuracy;
- our legal duties;
- whether an interview or placement has been arranged; and
- our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role.
We may archive part or all of your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only, deleting all or part of it from our main Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system.
You can request our current retention notice
The GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body in the EU. Contact through this link: https://edps.europa.eu/node/75
Rights of access, modification and objection
Contact your recruitment consultant in the event that:
You have any queries about the information that we hold about you;
You wish to inform us of any changes to your information or wish to correct the information we hold about you;